Auto Accidents: How Chiropractic Care Helps in the Aftermath
Auto accidents and motor vehicle accidents are unpleasant. They crash your hard-earned money invested into purchasing a car and they crush your bones. If you survive and do not cross over to the other side, add these to the constant pains you feel. Dealing with the aftermath of an auto accident comes with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and panic attacks as you relive the moment when it occurred; this is always a terrible feeling which robs you of sleep and regular functioning in society and makes you scared of cars, the roads and anything that acts as a reminder of that terrible event.
Possible Injuries Associated with an Auto Accident
We have outlined possible injuries you may experience after an auto accident. A few are minor while the rest are top and major of the list when it comes to pains:
- Neck sprains.
- Back pains.
- Whiplash (aka Cervical Acceleration-Deceleration) – a scenario where your neck experiences a rough and quick backward and forward movement on impact.
- Bulged discs – when the exterior part of the disc between the stack of bones in your back swells and protrudes.
- Herniated discs – when the inner part of the disc between the stack of bones in your back slips out of the annulus.
- Different types of fractures – stress fracture, stable fracture, open compound fracture, transverse fracture, oblique fracture, etc.
- Spinal injuries – damages are done to the nerves and spinal cord in your body.
Chiropractic care can not directly help to destress your mental state after an auto accident, it comes indirectly handy in the emotional and physical aspects. How, you ask? Let’s find out.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care Post-Accident
Be it a minor or a major auto accident, chiropractic care can help in ways that ensure you heal properly and fast without resorting to downing tablets and pills or taking injections, or being scheduled for surgery or multiple surgeries.
- Through gentle massages on the neck, head, back, and other areas of the body, a chiropractor will correct the pains and soreness you feel in those areas and make you feel whole again.
- Through spinal manipulative therapy, your vertebrae are manipulated in order to improve bodily function which would have been affected by the accident. Not just that, through this, your nerves will be less irritated. This therapy can also be used to help your sciatic nerves heal from sciatica.
- Through massage therapy, your muscles will be treated for tightness and spasms will be eradicated.
- ice and heat therapy helps to reduce pain and swelling, and increase blood flow plus the efficient distribution of nutrients to the injured area in – and on – your body.
- Through more affordable means of treatment, you spend less amount of money than you would have spent on surgery or multiple surgeries.
Please see a chiropractor today and get the benefits outlined above and many more if you were involved in an auto-crash. Because chiropractic care comes with a record of your injuries and the treatment procedures done, you can submit them as evidence to a car accident attorney or an auto claim company to receive compensation.
Auto accidents and motor vehicle accidents are unpleasant. Add these to the constant pains you feel if you survive and do not cross over to the other side. We have outlined possible injuries you may experience after an auto accident. Chiropractic care can not directly help to destress your mental state after an auto accident, it comes indirectly handy in the emotional and physical aspects., your vertebrae are manipulated in order to improve bodily function which would have been affected by the accident. You may also want to learn about shoulder pain.